I. Let's start with PROM NIGHT! So I didn't end up with either of those dresses in the last post. Instead I got this one!
omg it's my face wut
My prom day breakdown (by the way I didn't go with anyone ;) ):
12:30 - Woke up. What can I say? I love my sleep.
3:00 - Got ready. I didn't put much makeup on. Not only because I don't know how, but also because we were pressed for time. Fact: I'm always late for things. I'm awful.
5:00 - Arrived at a friend's house to take pictures. Yayyyy.
5:45 - Headed to school to board the buses that shipped us to the venue. It was a pretty nice place actually. The theme for our prom was Hollywood, so there was a red carpet at the entrance and parents dressed up as those old photographers with those fedoras snapping pics. The theme kind of stopped there, since the only other decor was pitiful paper print-outs of movie posters slapped on the walls.
After dinner kids can play poker and blackjack and win candy in the gambling room. There was also a dance floor complete with a sorrowful DJ. Despite the horrendous music and the fact that I usually don't dance, that night I stepped up and did my thang. Looking back, I was probably an embarrassment on the dance floor. WUTEVS. At least watching people dance during the slow songs was amusing.
We got back into the buses at around 10:30 ish.
11:00 - My friends went to Johnny Rockets and chugged milkshakes.
12:00 - Got back home.
Part of my excuse for not posting anything is school. Besides family, school is my top priority. There's some weird perfectionist aspect in me that pushes me through work. The funny thing is, I always procrastinate for things, whether it be tests or projects. There was this article (I don't remember which one) that said that the reason why certain people procrastinate is that they're afraid of putting something out that's below their own perception of satisfactory. I think that applies to me.
Along with regular school, I took some SAT subject tests which were extremely hard. I'm pretty sure I failed the physics one.
I'm going to be my school paper's Arts Section Editor next year! I originally didn't want to continue being on the paper but the editors enticed me with this position.
Last week I had finals, which I think went okay. The one I was most worried about was Honors Physics because that class is just so stinking hard. You can tell how frustrated I am with that subject... which makes sense since I'm taking a cosmology workshop over the summer. And this brings me to my last part:
Last Friday the 7th was the last day of school, and last day as a junior. Now I can obnoxiously yell [Insert super low voice here] "SEEENIORRRRSSSSS!!!!" and scare the freshman (just kidding... okay maybe not).
I can't believe I'm going into my last year as a high schooler. The past three years have flown by so fast. Unfortunately, my last year won't be a relaxing one. I'm taking mostly AP classes. By then I think I'm still working. And on top of all that I'll be doing fall sports. *Sigh*
Anyways. Summer plans!!!
- AP homework: I have to do chemistry, comparative government, and English homework. The only one I can't wait to do is English because we're reading Catch-22, which I heard is a hilarious novel.
- Work for da $$$
- Read read read read books. It's funny how when I was younger I had so much time to read but now it's a struggle to put some time aside during the school year. I want to read "The Faults in Our Stars" and some Haruki Murakami novels.
- Watch watch watch movies!
- Try to start a t-shirt design business with my sister. I have no idea how to do this, though. And we need an awesome company name. Any suggestions?
- Get out of the house more and ~explore~
- The aforementioned cosmology (the study of the universe) workshop. For some reason my physics teacher likes me and invited my twin and I to do it. I thought the subject was interesting despite my grade in that class haha.
- GET MY STINKIN BRACES OFF. Seriously. My orthodontist said LAST summer that I'll get them off this past winter. BUT THEY'RE STILL ON MY TEETH. And then like around February he said that I'll get them off after five more visits. I think it at least been three or four.
- POST MORE OFTEN omg omg for realz though.
- Okay kind of off-topic, but I've been listening to Vampire Weekend's newest album Modern Vampires of the City nonstop. It's extremely unhealthy. I've been a fan since middle school when my drum teacher introduced them to me, and I've been hooked ever since. But unlike those years long ago, I have developed an obsession with lead singer/guitarist Ezra Koenig.
drooling right now
Okay... I think that's it it for now??? BYE!