Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hardships of a Teenage Girl :: Summer Shouldn't Be Stressful

DISCLAIMER:  MAJOR WHINING IN THIS POST.

This week has been exhausting.  Because my parents are worried about my future, they invited my super smart cousin who scored a perfect SAT score to tutor me and my sister every morning.  Actually, I don't mind this so much.  It's probably way better than being stuck in a classroom with one of those strict teachers who don't want their reputation to be tarnished.  Either way, relearning Algebra I and Geometry is kind of hard, and learning SAT vocabulary has taught me to be an assiduous student.  Bleh.  Most words just go into one ear and flow right out the other.  I'm supposed to take the test in October.

In addition to SAT tutoring, I was preparing for my first golf tournament this season (which was today) for the past week.  And boy I majorly sucked.  It was not a pretty sight.  Also, the temperature was around 100 degrees and sweat was pouring down my face.  The round lasted for about six hours... god it was a long day.  My next tournament is less than a week away... yay. 

After the suckish tournament, I went to work.  It was still 90 over degrees, and I was working the range.  Today was a special day because we had to clean out the range mats.  It was pretty gross because it was damp and cool underneath the range mats, so it was a nice environment for bugs and insects to chill out.  I spotted a red spider under one of the mat, and freaked out a teeny bit inside.  Luckily, the guy who was working with me quickly smashed the thing and swept it away.


Before




After


Then I cleaned up some more mats.  The very last mat, however, scared the shit out of me.  This is what I found underneath:




A DEAD FROG


When I lifted the mat, I was greeted by a dead frog.  It was big and really dark brown, and it was just sitting there.  This thing was so gross.  My picture cannot delineate the level of grossness the thing was emanating.  I screamed "OHMYGOD" at least ten times.  The other guy inspected the frog and declared that it was "fried" because of the hot weather.  He then proceeded to sweep the frog, which was stiff as a rock, and dump it in the little trash can we use. 


In lighter news, today I received my AP Euro Test Score Grade!  I got a 5, which is the highest possible score!  I'm really happy that my hard work paid off.  Also, I get to go to nerdy website design camp in late July.  Woohoooo!!!!


-A


2 comments:

  1. URGH you are so lucky :) I wish I got to go to nerdy website design camp; I'm only learning now mostly off tutorials and the concepts seem easy to grasp but really hard to apply in practice.

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete